Come one, come all to the second annual Mother's Day Climate Rally! Held this year the Sunday before Mother's Day, so you don't have to choose between having brunch and going to the rally.
Our children’s right to a green planet must be respected. As we get ready to celebrate mothers everywhere, let's rally for clean energy! Let's stand up for the future of our shared planet.
Let's unite to protect the lives of our children and all future generations! We hope to influence the 2018 Virginia and national elections, and so we're bringing this simple human message of responsibility and hope.
What we're fighting for...
Talk is fine, but actions are better. We demand that political candidates and incumbents pledge to:
1) Ban fracking, fracked gas pipelines, and offshore drilling.
2) Approve a carbon tax on fossil fuels.
3) Approve tax credits for homeowners and businesses that install solar units and energy-saving improvements.
4) Develop a detailed plan to convert the physical facilities and transportation fleets of the state government to clean energies by the year 2025;
5) Convert Virginia to 100% clean energy by 2050. This
This is a free event, but please RSVP so that we can get an idea of how many people are coming!